Those who go to taverns will get an idea of the huge variety of different tastes people have.
Pellegrino Artusi, Recipe no.247
A packed year. Forlimpopoli, jealous warden of century-old traditions it keeps alive by organising popular events along with new proposals, fruit of the lively activity of the town’s groups and associations.
Our most important events
- Festa Artusiana (www.festartusiana.it) — 9 days during the second half of June devoted to celebrating Pellegrino Artusi and home cookery: cheap, hygienic and tasty.
- Segavecchia (www.segavecchia.it) — held halfway through Lent, it is the town’s most famous, most long-lived feast. A rite of passage which, with the ceremony of ‘cutting open the old woman’ finally abandons the winter and hails springtime, bringer of regeneration and prosperity.
- Un dè int la Ròca ad Frampúl (A day in the fortress of Forlimpopoli, www.ungiornonellarocca.com) — a Renaissance feast held during the second week in September to commemorate the return of Brunoro II Zampeschi, Lord of Forlimpopoli at the time, from a victorious war campaign. An opportunity to discover, experience (and eat) like people did in the mid-sixteenth century.
- Buonanotte Suonatori (www.musicapopolare.net) An event that began as the end-of-year performance by the students of the “Scuola di Musica Popolare” of Forlimpopoli has grown over the years to become, to all intents and purposes, a village fete.
- Festival di musica popolare (www.musicapopolare.net) — long-standing appointment held at the end of August with the very best players of international folk music.
- Forlimpopoli Didjin’Oz (www.didjinoz.com) — a one of a kind music event devoted to Australian aboriginal culture and its influence on music all over the world.
- ARTUSIjazz (www.artusijazzfestival.com) – Inaugurated in 2009 by the “Dai de Jazz” Cultural Association in Forlimpopopli as part of the Artusi Festival, this is one of the most popular jazz music events in Italy.
For more information
- www.comune.forlimpopoli.fc.it, for the complete calendar of events