Loggia della Beccheria
The building is located on the east side of Piazza Pompilio, which was obtained when the northern moat was filled in during the second half of the 18th century and was designed to house the commercial activities of Artusi’s home town. In the 1820s and 30s, several narrow passageways were opened on the external wall of the fortress overlooking the square and the internal premises allocated for use as shops. In fact, four commercial activities were opened there, three of them butcher’s. In 1861, a large ice-house was built in one of the fortress rooms adjacent to these commercial activities to help them preserve the butchered meats. Now part of the Archaeological Museum of Forlimpopoli, the ice-house continued to function until the 1960s.
Loggia della Misura
Inside the Loggia della Misura are two commemorative stones; one dedicated to pularul (poultry men) and the other to baruzér (carters), recalling the trades (along with brokers and horse dealers) favoured until quite recently by locals.