Commissioned by Father Sante Bandi, the church was built in 1617 near a small cell dedicated to St. Peregrine Laziosi (no longer standing), in which a sacred image of Our Lady of Loreto was venerated. In 1810 the building was bought by the Municipality of Forlimpopoli and incorporated into the walls of the city’s cemetery. The church has an octagonal plan and its façade is defined by a deep pronaos with pointed arches. On top of the church soars a small, yet elegant wrought iron bell gable and a crucifix spire with a weather vane of a trumpet-playing angel (the same that appears on the Bandi family coat of arms). Inside the church, the side chapels are adorned with 18th-century ancones and two paintings of Our Lady with Child and St. Philip Neri (on the right) and St. Margaret of Cortona (on the left), while inside a niche on the main altar is a statue of Our Lady of Loreto.