Casa Artusi, the living museum of home cooking
Casa Artusi is Italy’s first centre of gastronomic culture dedicated to home cooking that is also a library, a school, a restaurant, a wine cellar, a shop, a museum and an events venue. Just a stone’s throw from the house Artusi left in 1851 to move to Florence, Casa Artusi houses a library filled with the extraordinary correspondence between the famous gourmet and his many followers, as well as the historical collection of books donated to his home town by this illustrious son. Casa Artusi is also home to a prestigious cookery school, which presents his work through courses, lessons, ideas and recipes, sometimes in collaboration with the “Mariette Association”, a group of volunteers who take their name from Artusi’s personal cook and governess, Marietta Sabatini. Part of the network of ‘Museums of Taste of Emilia Romagna’, Casa Artusi is a public limited consortium which both the Municipality of Forlimpopoli and the Cassa dei Risparmi di Forlì Foundation are members of. Casa Artusi is part of the monumental complex of the Church of the Servites, which is housed in an ancient monastery with annexed church that recently underwent restoration work, commissioned by the Municipality of Forlimpopoli and based on plans by the architects S. Ferrini and A. Stella of n!studio in Rome.